About Capital Region Builders Association
A message from Dwayne Gafford, 2017 CRBA President
Capital Region Builders Association (CRBA) offers a unified voice on industry issues and is proud to be the recognized leader in the home building industry and a major voice in governmental affairs.
Membership benefits can help you work smarter, not harder to enhance your business whether you build one home or 1,000 homes per year. CRBA offers benefits that can save you money, too!
No one can afford to "do it alone" in an enterprise so vital to your region, so impacted by the global market, and so susceptible to the impact of public policy. The association operates for the benefit of the housing industry and those engaged in related fields in the parishes of East Baton Rouge, West Baton Rouge, Livingston, Ascension, East Feliciana, West Feliciana, Iberville, Pointe Coupee, and St. Helena.
I encourage you to join with your fellow builders and become part of the industry that supports you. When you join CRBA, you automatically become a member of the Louisiana Home Builders Association (LHBA) and the National Association of Home Builders (NAHB).
Here are just a few of the benefits offered through membership:
- Worker's compensation insurance (Louisiana Home Builders SIF) Saves you money and offers dividends
- General Liability through The Louisiana Builders Trust: Call for a list of agents!
- Watchdog on government to see that our industry is not over-regulated
- Educational opportunities! CRBA offers informative classes to renew your license. Potential customers are educating themselves via the internet and are looking for those builders who have earned designations like Certified Green Professional, Certified Graduate Builder, Remodeler, Certified Aging in Place Specialist (50+) & more.
- The Parade of Homes: Many builders sell their showcased property and get contracts on others.
- The Building and Remodeling Show: BEST way to build your business! More builders are now taking advantage of the opportunity to meet prospective clients.
- Our Networking of Builders & Associates - (NBA of CRBA) Host a business after hours at your place of business.
- Weekly Update - Emailed to all members as a weekly reminder of our calendar of events.
- BUILDER-ONLY breakfasts so our builder members can discuss the topics that relate only to builders.
- General Membership Meetings: You can make important connections to enhance your business
- Membership Directory & Website Link.
- Special $500 rebate from GM Motors. Contact All Star Automotive for more information!
- Annual Golf Tournament
- Updates on pressing issues that affect our industry
"Membership is a no-brainer for me. As someone returning to the construction business after many years, CRBA offered the best source of general liability and workers comp insurance. The focused and pertinent educational programs help me get up to speed on critical code and building technology issues. I've worked to become a Certified Graduate Builder and Green Building Professional and those help to establish credibility with customers and the real estate community. I've developed a relation-ship with my peers in the business that is invaluable. I can't imagine trying to do what I do without CRBA."